Every one of us wants to be healthy and fit. In order to maintain our life in a healthy way, we need adequate amount of food. This is because food that we take in our daily is the source for a person’s body which uses food for energy. The food we eat in our day to day life occupies an important role in making us healthy. It contains all the vitamins and minerals we need for the functioning of our body. Therefore, in order to be healthy we need to take healthy foods.
A healthy food is the one that contains protein, carbohydrate and fat which are the three important components of the healthy food. The body changes these sources into glucose for energy or stores them as fat. Just like a car uses gas for energy we use glucose for our body energy. Taking a balanced and healthy food which includes protein, fat and carbohydrate regularly will help us to gain the glucose needed for the body and keep our weight in control. It is obvious that, to be healthy a well-balanced diet is required for us. Eating a healthy food is very much important in order to gain good health.
Why need healthy foods?
Following are some of the reasons why we need healthy food. There are lots of reasons to eat healthy foods, here are just a few,
- In order to get energy and vitality to live
- In order to attain a healthy grow
- Healthy foods help us to maintain the blood sugar or glucose level in a balanced way which means not too high or too low
- It helps in controlling the body weight
- It helps to control of blood fats and prevention of heart disease
- To keep the body working properly
- To help the body avoid other health problems caused by diabetes
These are only few reasons for eating healthy foods and there are a lot of reasons apart from these. Good nutrition is an important part of healthy foods. Most of the health issues that we face today, such as the diabetes, high blood pressure, heart diseases, overweight, osteoporosis, obesity and others are the causes of poor food practices. Similarly, lack of nutrition also cause the daily life activities like affecting concentration and work performance.
Some healthy food plans
Those who want to follow a healthy food habit can follow these things
- Increase the amount of fruits and vegetables eaten as part of everyday diet
- Select canned fruits and vegetables as a convenient way to include more produce in the diet
- Take no salt added vegetables
- It is better to take frozen vegetables and fruits which are rich in important nutrients.
- Try to take whole grain foods like whole wheat flour included foods in your diet
- Include brown rice exported by rice exporters in India more in your regular diet
- Select lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts as quality protein sources.
- Focus on choosing food items low in saturated fats, trans-fats, cholesterol, salt, and added sugar