Are you wanting to change the way you’re growing plants? Then why don’t you consider hydroponics, this new way of growing plants has become incredibly popular over the recent years. In this blog we will be detailing the benefits of growing hydroponically and answering some of the most popular types of question surrounding growing with hydroponics.
So what of benefits can you reap from growing hydroponically…
- One of the main benefits of why people love to grow hydroponically is that they’re able to grow whatever fruit or vegetable they want all year round. This indoor gardening method means that growers do not have to worry about the changing season.
- Hydroponics has been found to grow more plants in a smaller area of space and a smaller time frame. Adding to this, the plants are said to grow faster and bigger, showing how beneficial they are when comparing to soil-grown plants.
- There is no need to worry about weeding and getting rid of any pesticides in your hydroponic garden.
- People who grow hydroponically have said that they have saved money on their water bills, why is this? Well hydroponics requires a lot less water than soil-grown plants do meaning you can save money and grow more. It is also important to note that hydroponics isn’t as expensive as you think it maybe, there are plenty of cheap equipment such as Shogun nutrients.
- You’re able to choose from a variety of different hydroponic systems, meaning that you can choose a system which suits your needs and requirements and most importantly, what you would like to grow.
Moving onto answering hydroponic questions…
- What is hydroponics? – Hydroponics is a way of growing plants in either sand, gravel or liquid, this is with added nutrients. This way of growing is great for people who don’t want to grow their plants any longer.
- What are the different types of systems? – There are in total six different types of hydroponic systems in which people can choose from. But what exactly are these systems? Well there is wick systems, water culture systems, ebb and flow systems, drip systems, aeroponic systems and NFT systems.
- What are the different types of equipment you can purchase? – There are plenty of different types of equipment which you can purchase, obviously depending on what you want to grow and what type of system you’re using. Lamps and nutrients are often an essential to any type system. For further information, it could be helpful for you to visit a local hydroponic store, or take a look at leading hydroponic website online.
- What things can I grow hydroponically? – You basically can grow any plant hydroponically, some of the most popular type of food produce in which people grow is chives, rosemary, lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries and peppers.