Women never like hairy legs and hands. It is commonly believed that those are a symbol of masculinity. Eyebrow plucking is also very common among women. Tweezing and shaving are the most common forms of hair removal. However, there are other ways to get rid of unwanted hair easily and more effectively.
In this article, we will talk about laser hair removal. It is an improved technology and a commonly used method in the USA. It involves high concentration of light beams into the hair follicles. Absorption of light by the pigments in the hair follicles destroys the hair.
This technology for hair removal is significantly better than the other methods to remove hair. Laser is safe to use on your face, arm, leg, underarm, bikini line and other parts of your body. Here are some advantages of hair removal with help of a laser.
- Use it Anywhere: It has been already mentioned that you can use a laser to remove hair from any part of your body.
- Accuracy: Laser removal technique is more accurate than any conventional therapy used for the same purpose. You can use it to target only those hairs that require plucking while leaving the surrounding parts unharmed.
- Speed: With laser, hair removal can be done quickly. It takes only a fraction of a second for each pulse of the laser beam to work. Furthermore, one single beam is capable of taking care of multiple hairs at the same time.
- Greater Access to Narrow Areas: It gets really difficult to pluck out hairs from small areas. Even though you make an effort, perfect result is unlikely to achieve. Lasers can sneak into those areas and can perform accurately and quickly as well. For example, it will eliminate the hairs on the upper part of your lip in a second whereas removing hairs from your legs can take one hour or more.
- Predictability: Though laser therapy does not provide a permanent solution, many users have claimed that it results into permanent hair loss after 3-7 sessions on average.
How You Will Prepare For Laser Hair Removal
While the traditional way of hair removal involves “zapping”, laser therapy is more than that. You should get it done only by a trained laser hair removal Austin expert, as this cosmetic method is actually a medical procedure to remove hair. It involves some risk. Only a properly trained person can minimize the risk and ensure optimum benefit. Therefore, you must check the technician’s credentials to be sure that the person is capable of performing the task with efficiency.
If you have decided to undergo laser hair removal, restrict waxing, plucking or electrolysis for six weeks ahead of starting your treatment. This is because the beams target the roots of hair follicles and these could be temporarily eliminated by plucking or waxing.
Also try not to go out in sun for six weeks before undergoing treatment. Avoid exposure to sun after the treatment as well. Laser technique won’t be as effective as expected after sun exposure that also creates complications after the treatment is over.